As many of you all know, this humble little blog was nominated not that long ago for the Liebster Award by Melissa of Spicy Homemaker. Part of accepting the award is to not only answer question posed by the nominator but to also nominate 3 – 5 blogs that you feel are deserving of the award themselves. The only rules to this nomination is that they are new blogs that have less than 300 followers, easy enough eh? Well, after scouring the blogging world I have found three blogs I feel deserve a round of applause and a new shiny trophy. Wait, there are no trophies to hand out, that’s kind of a bummer. Well, let me at least raise my coffee to all of you fellow bloggers and nominees!
The first blog I wish to nominate and toot the horn for is one that as soon as I saw her title page and header I knew I wanted to be blogging bffs with. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be friends with a cool photographer who named their son after a Star Wars character, is a coffee snob and who has an affinity for cat videos?!? Please don’t tell Padawan that was/is an option or we will have to start filling out name changing papers.
Adventures in Jedi – Princess Never Sleeps, Baby Stormpooper and Captain (Leg of) Ham Solo
Up for nomination number two is a fellow hooker (get your minds out of the gutters) crocheting mama like myself. Not only does this pretty mama of two boys, share GORGEOUS crochet patterns (may find a Christmas present or two to create for family or even just for myself) but also super yummy looking recipes. MMM, peach whiskey bbq chicken, definately adding that one to my list of crockpot recipes to try.
Dandelion Daze – Loving life and trying to create something beautiful everyday!
And rounding out this outstanding trio is nominee number three is probably the cutest concept blog I have ever seen! It follows a dad (who only had a brother growing up) and his adventures in dressing his little girl. What dad doesn’t feel a little clueless when it comes to helping their daughter get dressed and do her hair?!? It is absolute brilliance and Reese is absolutely adorable!
What’s Reese Wearing – An outfit of the day blog giving you a view into a father’s struggles and triumphs with little girls’ fashion.
As for the questions that I have to pose to the new nominees, here they are! I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers, can you?
- If you could interview any person, living or dead, on your blog who would it be? Why?
- Do you posses any secret talents? If so, please share!
- If you were deserted on an island what three things would you want with you?
- Batman or Superman?
- What must you have on hand when sitting down to write a blog post?
- Name the CD that is currently playing in car/iPod?
- What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it to a friend?
- If you could guest post for any blog out there, what blog would it be and what would the title of your post be?
- Quick, your husband’s/wife’s boss is coming to dinner what do you make?
- What is something you wish someone would have shared with you about blogging, good or bad?
And as a reminder to the nominees and readers alike, here are the rules of the acceptance of the award:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominate you
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back
- Answer the 10 questions proposed by the blogger who nominated you
- Select 3 – 5 bloggers for the award
- Pose 10 new questions to the new nominees
- Copy and past the award on your blog
Here are the award badges to choose from: